[mythtv-users] Prebuffering pauses in preview on remote frontend

Bob Cottingham bob at bobnvic.com
Tue Jun 14 18:36:25 UTC 2005

Watching a recorded or live tv show on my remote frontend works great,
however the video preview on the Watch Recordings screen generates
prebuffering pauses every few seconds resulting in jerky preview video.

What could be causing the prebuffering? What is different about displaying
fullscreen versus in the preview window other than xv being used?

The CPU used is greater with the video preview than with full screen video
since xv isn't used (as I understand it), however I still have 70% CPU
idle when it is giving prebuffering pauses. I have a 100Mbit ethernet
connecting the frontend and backend.

I'm running the .18 with fixes branch from cvs from last weekend on
Ubuntu. Both frontend and backend were upgraded at the same time.

Thanks for any help tracking this down!

Bob C