[mythtv-users] Temporarily disable a channel [aka, ABC15_1-HD off-air in PHX]

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 15:29:41 UTC 2005

On 6/12/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Both sources and channels can have their priorities set, so it should
> be possible to reduce the priority of the HD channel(s) to below those
> of the SD channel(s) whilst keeping the HD source at a higher priority
> overall until the work is finished. I don't know the exact logic
> behind the scheduler, so am not sure if making sure the HD version of
> the channel has a lower priority than its SD version is enough to
> force recording of the SD channel. If the SD tuner is busy at this
> time though, obviously the recording will fail.

Good suggestion, thanks. However, in my case, since 99% of my
schedules are "on this channel" they won't search any other channel.

I need the first recording to actually find the channel or program
unavailable, fail, then the 2nd recording will take over.

trying to balance between HD OTA tuners (10 stations) and non-HD Cable
tuners (80+ stations) can get hairy some times.

Anyone else have any other ideas? I know this should be do-able..