[mythtv-users] DVB, Diseqc and scan

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Sun Jun 12 09:34:50 UTC 2005

On Saturday 11 June 2005 23:34, Johan Tufberg wrote:
> I have a myth box setup with a TechnoTrend premium DVB-S that are
> supposed to communicate with 2 LNB:s on one dish trough a Diseqc switch
> (1.0, 2-way). The satellites I'm trying to use are Thor and Sirius.
>
> I have entered the transponders and I have also been able to scan the
> satellite on LNB1 but I can not seem to be able to get myth  so select
> LNB2. When I try to scan the second satellite I get, NO LOCK.
>
> If I switch the cables I get signal locked on LNB1 but still LNB2 seems
> to be non-operating. I've read that there have been reports on this
> listing that there may be some problems with LNB switching via Diseqc?!
> Anyone that can shine some light upon this issue or give any direction
> of where to search for answers...

i cannot get diseqc to work either
this is with 2.6.11
i've used the kernel dvb drivers and the linuxtv cvs
i've asked questions on the linux-dvb list but have never got an answer
from googling around it does appear that there is a bug in the diseqc surpport
(something to do with timing calculations) in the 2.6 version of the drivers.
but nobody seems bothered to fix it and i don't really know how to.

unless this is all compkete rubbish and i have either a broken nexus-s or two
broken switches.

so all i'm really saying in a very long way is "me too"

regards
--
simon