[mythtv-users] Re: DVB, Diseqc and scan

belcampo belcampo at zonnet.nl
Sun Jun 12 07:33:33 UTC 2005

On Sunday 12 June 2005 06:51, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> Message: 10
> Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 01:34:45 +0200
> From: Johan Tufberg <tufberg at home.se>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] DVB, Diseqc and scan
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>

> I have a myth box setup with a TechnoTrend premium DVB-S that are
> supposed to communicate with 2 LNB:s on one dish trough a Diseqc switch
> (1.0, 2-way). The satellites I'm trying to use are Thor and Sirius.
>
> I have entered the transponders and I have also been able to scan the
> satellite on LNB1 but I can not seem to be able to get myth  so select
> LNB2. When I try to scan the second satellite I get, NO LOCK.
>
> If I switch the cables I get signal locked on LNB1 but still LNB2 seems
> to be non-operating. I've read that there have been reports on this
> listing that there may be some problems with LNB switching via Diseqc?!
> Anyone that can shine some light upon this issue or give any direction
> of where to search for answers...
>
> Cheers!
> /Johan
Hi Johan,

What might be the reason is that in mythtv-setup, after you defined your card,
you have to define 2 video-sources. DVBS-1 and DVBS-2 of Thor and Sirius.
Then at Input-Connections you attach teh 'video-sources' to each channel.

This is what solved my problem. Sounded logical after having it done but
didn't sound obvious to me in the first place.

Henk Schoneveld