[mythtv-users] After FE_HAS_LOCK, what next?

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 20:11:37 UTC 2005

On 6/11/05, Ray Lischner <linux at tempest-sw.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 11 June 2005 12:34 pm, Mercury Morris wrote:
>
> > Now, next problem - how to get the Guide Data channel numbers
> > to match the channel numbers created by the 'Scan for channels(s)'.
> > Surely, someone - even many someones - must have solved that
> > problem.Isurehopeso,becauseallIcandoisWatchTV,and
> > I'd really like to be able to Record TV, too :) !
>
> The only way I found to get the channels to match is to start fresh,
> scan for channels, then edit the channel numbers manually to match the
> ones that I know DataDirect uses. The many gyrations I had to go
> through to reach that point were frustrating, but now that I see what's
> going on and how to solve it, the solution is pretty simple.

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your post.  You used the phrase, "edit the channel numbers".
To be clear, you really mean the Channel Number field on the screen
where an individual channel can be edited?  I tried that, but I didn't know
what I was doing - and got nowhere, or course.

Now, I'm going to try entering the XMLTV ID in the field near the
bottom of that screen and see if mythfilldatabase will retrieve the
correct data.

If you really edited the Channel Number field, where did you find the
value(s) to put in there?

--
MM