[mythtv-users] Various Myth Setup Issues

Jason Luttrell jrluttrell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 03:26:15 UTC 2005

I've finally got Myth up and running now, but I have some questions on
a few things that I need to tweak to make me happy with all of this.
FYI, I'm running a P4 2.4 GHz with 512 RAM and 2 PVR-150s on FC3.

First, I have a blue line around the left and top parts of the picture.

Secondly, no matter what settings I set in Myth setup, I can't seem to
get the picture to fill the entire screen up.  My TV is a 6 month old
Sanyo 27" flat screen.

Third, the quality of the picture is not really great.  I've
especially noticed on action sequences, such as sports on ESPN, that
the picture slows a bit at times and pales in comparison to the
picture I normally get with the TV.

The system also seems very slow to me to change channels, with a delay
of about 5 seconds or so.

Also, when I record a program and play it back, it shows only the top
left-hand quarter of the screen or so.  I've tried setting the NTSC
settings for both tuners and still have this problem.  I do NOT have
this problem watching live TV though.  I also get no audio on
recordings, but again, I don't have this problem with live TV.

One final (hopefully) problem is that lirc is not working.  When I try
to start lirc up manually, I get a "Connection refused" error message.

Sorry for the laundry list of problems, but I'm a bit frustrated at
this point after working with this for a few weeks now.  Any
help/suggestions are much appreciated.  Thanks!

Jason