[mythtv-users] recording a specific episode anytime?

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 5 06:16:51 UTC 2005

> Matthew Watson wrote:
>
> >I too would like to see a "Find and record one episode" option for
> >scheduling recordings.  I realize I am probably in the minority
> >here, but I enjoy watching shows such as "Modern Marvels" and
> >"History's Mysteries" on The History Channel.  Because the subjects
> >of the shows vary greatly (from "Tanks" to "Nature's Engineers"), I
> >don't want to record every single episode (sometimes 7+ per day).
> >Currently, every two weeks I go through the upcoming episodes and
> >mark the ones I want as "Record only this showing," even though
> >each episode may have 2 or 3 air times.  I then have to go back
> >through all the marked episodes and manually correct conflict
> >problems (i only have one input source, fun fun).

I think you're doing this sub-optimally.

Instead of "Record only this showing", choose "Find and record one
showing" (it's called something like that), so if "Tanks" is showing 3
times over the next 2 weeks, it can pick any one of them.

I do this all the time for recording weekend movies and PBS
documentaries (granted, there are not multiple broadcasts of network
movies, but PBS documentaries are usually broadcast a few times).

Much easier to browse the two weeks for the few you want, instead of
deselecting the 30 you don't want ...

--Rob