[mythtv-users] PVR 500 did not init correctly

of my own nofault at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 07:39:00 UTC 2005

Since I had problem compiling on Mandrake 9.2 on Shuttle SK41G,  I
decided to swap out my PVR350 with a PVR500, also swap with a new hard
drive for Fedora core 3, then I encounter problem with ivtv, it
detected one PVR150, and fail on the second one, but both gave error
message "ivtv: i2c client addr: 0x44 not found!" , live tv was okay
but cause random system reboot. I have tried ivtv version 0.3.2s with
modify "no_black_magic=1" in the driver source,  compilied .3.3k,
.3.3z, also stable .2.x and dev .3.5l from Fedora, turn off APCI, usb,
and etc in bios, all had the same problem. Ivtv init was good after
swap back to PVR350, is the cx25840 chipset that unstable? With fedora
core 3 and PVR350 isn't as fast as running on Mandrake 9.2, video and
sound pause/skip once in a while.  System is AMD 2400+ with 512Mb RAM,
did anybody able to get PVR500 working correctly on a Shuttle VIA
board?  Now I am back to compiling problem on Mandrake 9.2.

Thanks for your help
Larry
SK41G with PVR350 + PVR250 on slave backend.
a PVR500 sitting in a box collecting dust.