[mythtv-users] DirectTV D10 Receiver - channel problems

djg at pdp8.net djg at pdp8.net
Wed Jun 1 12:38:37 UTC 2005

>Maybe we could merge our to products together??
>
>http://ftp.jg555.com/satcontrol/satcontrol-0.02.tar.bz2

Feel free to take what you want from mine.  Since the script I found that
sort of worked was in Perl I just stuck with it.  Email me if you don't
read Perl and need to know more of what is going on.

The D10-200 0.8.30 firmware (2002) seems to be real buggy.  It required a
carriage return after the command, it sometimes says bad command when
you send a valid command, and it locks up on the channel change command
randomly.

To get around this I made the script try to send the command up to 4
times checking if it gets a completed ok response.  I also switch to
sending remote key codes since that didn't lock up the box.  We have also
had the box lock up overnight without anything talking to it.  May be
related to short power flickers.  The -200 also seems to use a different
set of control codes than documented online.

The other goal of my script was something that people didn't have to
edit but just type the string for your box in which in theory would
make it easier for less skilled people to setup.

I will try your script tonight and see how it works for me. Got to go to work.

I emailed the one person who had some success with my modified script
to try to figure out exactly why it doesn't work fully for him.  If anybody
else tries and want to work on getting it fully working for you I will
need you to run some extra tests.  If you email me we can get the script
straight.

For people who are trying the box_type D10-200 switches between sending
carriage returns after the command and the second set of key codes.  It
also stitches to using the keys to change channel.  The channel_change_type
just selects between the command and key.  You also may need the port command
since the script I first put online defaulted to /dev/ttyS1 since that
is where my box is.  I have changed the default to /dev/ttyS0.