[mythtv-users] Audio Setup

Marty Ravell mythtv at rave-tech.com.au
Sun Jul 31 07:39:16 EDT 2005

Well, I've finally gotten around to trying to finish the setup of my MythTV
box. (Such a pity when work gets in the way of personal projects).

This may be a silly question but I am wondering about the setup of audio in
my particular rig. I have a straight combined front and back end box based
on Jarod's Guide with FC3, a Hauppage 350 in an Intel motherboard that has a
basic sound card in it.

So my question is, if the 350 has audio input and output do I use these or
do I go with the motherboard's onboard audio?

Do I need to route the 350's audio back through the embedded audio perhaps?

Can someone please explain the way that a rig based on a 350 should work?

BTW. I'm doing X over the 350 and this at lest seems to work OK. Haven't got
the tuner to work properly yet but plan to post another email to this list