[mythtv-users] Multiple backends

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 21:33:33 EDT 2005

On 7/28/05, Nicholas Gibson <ngibsonn at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two mythtv servers, each one with 1 PVR-350
> card  and each one hooked into it's own digital cable
> box.
>
> Presently I have one machine working as the master
> backend and the other one configured as (I think) a
> slave  backend.  The slave hooks into the Master's
> database and has no Video source configured per the
> mythtv documentation.
>
> No matter what I do I can't get mythtv to schedule
> anything out of the slave's pvr-350 card.  If anything
> is recording on the master I can't watch tv or record
> anything on the slave.
> It's like the capture card configuration is
> conflicting on each machine and it's only seeing the
> master's 350 card in the database.
> I used mythtvsetup on each machine to set up the
> capture card and input configuration.
>
> What am I doing wrong or is it just not possible to
> have two capture cards working in separate machines,
> one existing in a slave?
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks

This reads to me as if you don't have your slave configured correctly.
 On the slave you should configure the PVR350 as a capture device, and
assign it a video source (you don't need to create a new video source,
the one you created on the master should be present as a choice on the
slave).

This should be sufficient for both cards to be used simultaneously...