[mythtv-users] Multiple backends

Nicholas Gibson ngibsonn at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 00:25:57 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have two mythtv servers, each one with 1 PVR-350
card  and each one hooked into it's own digital cable
box.

Presently I have one machine working as the master
backend and the other one configured as (I think) a
slave  backend.  The slave hooks into the Master's
database and has no Video source configured per the
mythtv documentation.

No matter what I do I can't get mythtv to schedule
anything out of the slave's pvr-350 card.  If anything
is recording on the master I can't watch tv or record
anything on the slave.
It's like the capture card configuration is
conflicting on each machine and it's only seeing the
master's 350 card in the database.
I used mythtvsetup on each machine to set up the
capture card and input configuration.

What am I doing wrong or is it just not possible to
have two capture cards working in separate machines,
one existing in a slave?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks