[mythtv-users] Re: Fast Fowarding Lines in captured video?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 19:41:07 EDT 2005

On 7/29/05, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/28/05, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > If needed, I'll attach a 10-20 second clip of a show to better explain
> > what is happening...
> >
> > It seems that several (random?) shows I record from SpikeTV, during
> > playback the sound stops and 'fast-forward' lines appear and then it
> > will return to normal, then repeat a few minutes later.  The best way
> > I can describe it is that it looks like a VCR is fast-forwarding the
> > video.  I would blame it on the station if it were 1 day, or even a
> > few days in a row.  But it's happening fairly often and randomly (all
> > I record from SpikeTV are Star Trek: TNG and CSI) on the 2 shows I
> > record.  I originally thought that maybe they got a new pet in the
> > station and it was stepping across the buttons and hitting
> > fast-forward :D
> >
> > Anyway..
> >
> > Should this be construed as a myth error?  Or a SpikeTV error?  Or my
> > hardware error?  Should I attach the clip to show you what I mean, or
> > is this a known issue error with something?  Any ideas on diagnosing
> > this?  There aren't any messages in the backend or from the terminal I
> > start mythfrontend in...
> >
> > Thanks!!!
> >
> > Chad
> >

> :(  It's in new recordings still...  It's not actually
> fast-forwarding, it's just what the lines look like...

Maybe better worded as Horizontal Control Lines.  The lines stretch
across my screen from left to right and 'wobble' up and down, giving
the fast-foward appearance and cutting out audio.  The TV is a new
Samsung DLP 61" monitor, works great normally, displays HD
beautifully, it's just the mpeg4 recordings done with a WinTV Go card
(a bt8x variety, not a PVR).  I am really leaning towards a channel
error, but how do I fix it?

Thanks!