[mythtv-users] pcHDTV 3000: Questions from a MythTV newbie

Brandon Rogers blrogers at ieee.org
Fri Jul 29 07:55:26 EDT 2005

Thanks, David for you comments.  I found out that I had a bad firmware file.
I replaced it and the scan started working as it should.  I do have another
question, though...  Do the DVB drivers need a stronger signal than the v4l
drivers?  I've noticed that when I use the v4l drivers with xine, I get
several (about 10) HD channels) in the area.  My HDTV also receives about
that many.  However, when I do a scan with the DVB drivers, I only get one
channel locked and tuned.  Does that sound strange?  Also, I do have a
pretty cheesy antenna, but it seems to work well enough for me right now.
What kind of antenna setups (rotating attic setups, outdoor stationary
mounts, etc) does everyone have?

Thanks,
Brandon