[mythtv-users] pcHDTV 3000: Questions from a MythTV newbie

David ellis david at ellisonline.ca
Thu Jul 28 21:56:09 EDT 2005

I've got the HD3000 going on MythTV.

Typically if you do a scan for channels - it will find some. If its
not - sounds like an Antenna issue.

Do you have an /dev/dvb/adapter0 directory with lots of devices in
it? (frontend etc)
Are the permissions appropriate for the account your running myth under?

You mention tuning with xine previously - I'm assuming you mean
before you switched to DVB?

Can you post your dmesg output? Maybe your tuner is bombing out.

As I said - I've got two of these cards running well in the Toronto
Area - and I'm pulling channels from 40km away (From Buffalo) so the
cards do work with Myth. Just need to do some tweaking.

David