[mythtv-users] Automatic startup

Bruce Pennypacker bruce at pennypacker.org
Wed Jul 27 20:39:54 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have a FC3 box running myth 0.81 on KDE.  I'm now trying to get it to
start up automatically on bootup but I'm only having partial luck.  I
used the init scripts from contrib to start up mythbackend during bootup
and that works fine.  I've tried following the directions on Jarod
Wilsons site to get FC3 to automatically log in as mythtv and run
mythfrontend but that's where I'm having trouble.  I ran gdmsetup and
specified that it should automatically log in as mythtv but that didn't
work.  Rebooting still leaves me at the login screen. Running gdmsetup a
second time shows that it did remember my settings.  I've also tried
going into the KDE control center and setting both the option to log in
automatically and the option to log in as a specific user after a
specified period of time has passed but neither of them work either.
Has anybody gotten this successfully working on FC3 with KDE?

-Bruce