[mythtv-users] Re: which tuner card to add for OTA + VCR?

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Wed Jul 27 19:06:36 EDT 2005

Dylan Keon wrote:
> 1)  When connecting a VCR to my mythtv box, does the audio out from
> the VCR need to connect to the tuner card input or the sound card
> input?

Tuner card, if you use PVR-250 or similar.

> The PVR-500
> would need to have three inputs connected to it: analog cable, OTA
> feed, and VCR.  From the pictures it looks like the PVR-500 MCE could
> handle that, but I'm guessing I'd have to be careful of conflicts.

PVR-500 has only one coax feed that is split internally to the two
tuners. The other coax connector is for FM radio antenna.

But in your case you could use one existing PVR-250 for OTA and the new
PVR-500 for cable (both tuners), or the other way around. Either one
would work for S-Video/composite from the VCR.

Bolek