[mythtv-users] [OT] UPS's and 24x7 MythBoxen...

Robyn Lundstrom rlundstrom.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 12:32:18 EDT 2005

> so, i was wondering what types of UPS systems are other MythUsers
> using?  and what would you recommend?

  I use a large APC SmartUPS 2200RM on my backend (and fileserver, and
pbx...), and a BackUPS pro 300 on each of my 2 frontends. Really any
of the better-known brands (Liebert, Tripplite, etc) are good. APC's
linux support is OK, and there's a freeware monitor/shutdown daemon
available (google it) if you don't want to use APC's Java-based
utility.

  All of mine are connected to their respective machines serially.
I've never tried a USB one under Linux.

  They work great.

Robyn