[mythtv-users] Kudos and need help installing second tuner

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 26 21:07:52 EDT 2005

Jason Mcmillon wrote:

>Success!!  What I ended up doing is removing the IVTV drivers (via
>apt-get remove) and commenting the ivtv stuff out of my modprobe.conf,
>then testing it.
>
>My bttv card worked.
>
>I then re-installed the IVTV drivers and it worked again.
>
>Then I added everything back to my modprobe.conf except I commented out
>"alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv"
>
>and everything worked!! I probably could have just started out with
>commenting out the line, but who knows.
>
>Will commenting out "alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv" hurt me down the road?

No.  The tveeprom module is only used to autodetect the card's hardware,
so if autodetection works right, you're good to go.  The IvyTV version
of tveeprom was created specifically to deal with all the new hardware
changes--especially those brought about by the introduction of the
PVR-150 and PVR-500 cards.  The tveeprom in recent versions of the Linux
kernel has very good support for PVR-250/350's.

Mike