[mythtv-users] Possible to manually add QAM channel information?

bmerrill Merrill bmerrill at sfcn.org
Tue Jul 26 15:10:05 EDT 2005

I would like to get QAM working with MythTV.  I am able to watch QAM HDTV from my cable provider using a combination of dvb-apps, dvbtraffic and mplayer but scanning for the channels using the latest MythTV cvs doesn't seem to work, i.e. it doesn't detect the channels on the first pass and gets "stuck" on subsequent scanning of existing transports.  My understanding from the few scant threads I've been able to find on the subject seem to indicate that my cable provider is not transmitting certain information that Myth requires.  I have tried calling them and speaking to the engineers but have not been able to make much headway through the red tape, though my limited knowledge on what exactly is missing probably doesn't help either.

However, I was wondering, if I have collected all the relevant info from dvb-app such as Video PID, Audio PID, etc, would it be fairly straight forward to manually add that information directly into MySQL?  I am certainly no expert with MySQL but I think I could figure  out the relevant commands if someone could point me in the direction of the relevant table(s) that I would need to modify.  But of course if someone knows the actual command that would be very much appreciated as well.  Or is there perhaps an even easier way than modifying MySQL directly?  Or should I not waste my time trying, i.e. a fix is imminent?

Thank you for any help.