AW: [mythtv-users] Can't connect to database

pschormeir at iiv.de pschormeir at iiv.de
Tue Jul 26 04:53:21 EDT 2005

Are you sure, your mysql service is running ?
Can you connect to the databsae on the command prompt ?
Open a shell and type in "mysql -u root mythconverg". After that type in
"show tables;" If you see the list of tables, the database seems to be
present.
If you want to reinstall the database do the following steps :
Open a shell and type in "mysql -u root". Then enter "drop database
mythconverg;" (This will delete your current mythtv-database). After that
exit mysql. Now type in "mysql -u root < /path_to_the_file/mc.sql" (will
create a new empty database)

if you need more help, give me more details.

Regards

Fritz