[mythtv-users] Can't connect to database

Kris Clark mrrusty at techie.com
Tue Jul 26 03:23:05 EDT 2005

I have got stuck with the database connection. When I run 'mythtvsetup' it can't connect. I think that I have corrupted something while following the setup instructions. I have spent hours going off at a tangent into the Mysql manual to try and check if the password is OK. I am slightly wiser now than several days ago but still not smart enough to get this problem resolved. If this was 'w*****s'I would remove and then reinstall the Mysql application to start over. I have not found out how to do this with Fedora. Can anyone suggest what would be the easiest way to solve this problem?