[mythtv-users] pcHDTV 3000: Questions from a MythTV newbie

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Tue Jul 26 00:42:49 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 10:14:32AM -0600, blrogers at ieee.org wrote:
>   So why am I not using the DVB drivers?  When I load
> the pcHDTV DVB drivers (modprobe cx88_dvb), several
> devices are created (/dev/dvb0.dvr0,
> /dev/dvb0.frontend0, etc).  However, I don't know how
> to use these devices and none of the programs from
> interpreting DVB seem to recognize or even look for
> these devices.  Since, I could test and the v4l
> drivers and confirm that they work, I went that route.

The problem is that your udev is buggy and is creating the wrong
devices. The correct filenames are /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0, etc.
MythTV will look for those names.

I found some instructions on setting up udev properly in the forum at
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/printthread.php?t=1847
although there are probably better resources for the same information.

Hamish