[mythtv-users] Firewire and HD3000 on a Single Backend

Donald Oakes donald at oakesville.com
Tue Jul 26 00:03:27 EDT 2005

I have a single master backend with two capture cards configured:
firewire from a DCT-6200, and an HD3000 as a standard V4L card.  I would
like to have the backend preferentially use firewire capture for certain
channels, and the HD3000 for others (whether I'm watching Live TV or
scheduling a recording).  I'm retrieving my lineup via DataDirect.  I've
tried configuring two separate video sources and attaching them as input
connections to the two capture cards.  However, whenever I change
channels while watching live TV, mythbackend always seems to want to use
whichever capture card I configured first.

It seems I must be missing something since I imagine this would be a
fairly common scenario.  But I've scoured the users list to no avail.

Thanks,
 - Don