[mythtv-users] Recorded programs in MythVideo

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sun Jul 24 21:45:36 EDT 2005

Nick Rout wrote:

>>What is the best way to watch recorded programs from MythVideo while
>>preserving cutlists and commercial flagging?  Is it to export them with
>>some program or is there a naming convention used with the Internal
>>player in MythVideo that will cause it to respect cutlists?  I have some
>>Kids movies that I've recorded and I'd like to have them in the Video
>>Gallery with the rest of our movies but with the cutlists preserved.
>>

>I think if you transcode the file it will cut according to the cutlist,
>and you end up with the cut and advert-less transcoded file. It'll
>probably be transcoded to a more manageable file with a tighter codec
>like mpeg-4.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I already record in MPEG-4 (bttv capture) so
is there a way to apply the cutlist without recompressing everything or
should I live with the marginal loss of quality that the possible
recompression will incur?  I assume I'll have to set up a transcoding
profile in Myth first before attempting this?

Kevin