[mythtv-users] Quick question about Mythtranscode and mytcutlist

James Alexander jamesralexander at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 22:30:52 EDT 2005

I'm very sorry if this is covered somewhere in the documentation, or
on this list, but I've done a couple of searches and haven't found
what I'm looking for.

Everything works fine. I record programs, and I have most of my
programs set to transcode using one of the recording profiles through
myth (so transcoding is automatically started after commercial
flagging). What I'm wondering is if there is a way to extract the
commercials from this file, without re-transcoding it. So, I can just
copy the .nuv file to another machine and watch it through some other
program (not mythtv) and not have the commercials in there.

Nuvexport (option 9 from the main menu "MPEG2-MPEG2 cut only") seems
like my best bet, but it doesn't like my transcoded recordings ("Not
an MPEG recording, moving on").

I'm using Fedora Core 3, and for my setup I used Jarod's guide
(www.wilsonet.com - thank you very much for this BTW :), with the
latest version of myth on atrpms website in case that matters.

I'd appreciate any suggestions, thanks in advance.
James