[mythtv-users] Re: Fixing my "no data" problem in EPG

Michael Carland mcarland at bitsgonewild.net
Sat Jul 23 21:30:43 EDT 2005

On Jul 23, 2005, at 7:50 PM, chris at cpr.homelinux.net wrote:

> The obvious solution is to tell mythfilldatabase to limit itself to 10
> or 11 days of listings so that there is always data available for the
> short-schedule channels on the first attempt.
>
> Other solutions would be to find a way to adjust the threshold
> percentage at which a day's schedule is considered complete, or to find
> a way to make a certain range of future dates mandatory updates (so
> that the percentage of filled time slots is not considered beyond day
> 10, for example, meaning that days 2, 11, 12, 13 and 14 are all
> downloaded every night).  Those probably require hacking the sources.

This is what I have had to recently do. mythfilldatabase was checking
that there where at least 4 times as many programs starting after 6pm
for a given source as there are channels. This is in
programs/mythfilldatabase/filldata.cpp .  After changing the code to
require only twice as many programs starting after 10pm as there are
channels, my problem was fixed. (My data was only missing for cable
channels after 10pm).

If you search for "d 18" in that file, that is the sql line that gets
the number of programs starting after 6pm (18:00), and about twelve
lines down is a line that ends in "chancnt * 4", that decides if there
are enough programs for that source. I ran the query manually against
filled schedules, and broken schedules, to come up with the timespan
and multiplier that fixed my issue.

I can't remember if someone already mentioned this, but the reason you
always have two good days of data is that mythfilldatabase always
refreshes the data for tomorrow, even if it is full, in case there had
been scheduling changes.

-Michael