[mythtv-users] Query for the scheduled recording

voidtrance at comcast.net voidtrance at comcast.net
Fri Jul 22 17:36:23 EDT 2005

Myth's built-in auto shutdown/wakeup does exactly that but there are some situations where it is not invoked and I would like to have a way to shut the machine down.

For example, the backend is started in 'user' mode (not 'auto') and a frontend never connects. In this case, the idle timeout loop/check on the backend will never start. In this case, if I want to shutdown the machine, I will either have to start the frontend just so it connects and the disconnects from the backend or shut it down without having set the BIOS wakeup time.