[mythtv-users] air2pc off ebay?

Steve Malenfant smalenfant at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:42:50 EDT 2005

I bought 2 of them, replacing my pchdtv card.

I'm 25 miles (at least) from the tower using the Vineguard amplified
antenna received with my voom service (still using the receiver for
OTA, so great).

They are rev 0.2 but works great for me (maybe better than my pcHDTV
card).  Although they are ackward to install, I had to recompile
kernel 2.6.12 with the current dvb patches available on linuxtv.org.
Then inserts all the transponders information, scan all the channel,
remove the one I don't want, rename the channel, change the xmltvid
(remove the checkmark) and then run mythfilldatabase.

I could document the process, but would have to do it again (which I
will since my other system is screwed from atrpms and libselinux
problems).  If that could helpful for some people, I'll do.  I can now
record 2 channels at once, everything is great to date.

Steve