[mythtv-users] Query for the scheduled recording

voidtrance at comcast.net voidtrance at comcast.net
Fri Jul 22 13:28:54 EDT 2005

Hi, I am trying to write a small app that will serve as a replacement for the system's shutdown/reboot/halt but with one major difference - it will query the mythtv database to get the time of the next scheduled recording and set the BIOS wakeup time.

The purpose of this app is to enable the user to manually shutdown the box and still have it automatically wakeup when the time comes.

I have made some pretty good progress but now I need to find out the time of the next recording from the database. I looked at the code for an example of the SQL query and found out that the backend just keeps a list of all the scheduled recordings and does not query the DB at time of shutdown.

Can someone help me out and let me know the query that will allow me to get information on the next recording(s). It can be a query that will return all scheduled recordings. I can change it to fit.

Thanks for your help!

-- Mitko