[mythtv-users] pcHDTV3000 and PVR-150 together?

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 11:18:37 EDT 2005

I have a pcHDTV-3000 working in a system with a PVR-500 (which is really 2
PVR-150's on 1 card).  I'm using a variation of 2.6.11 (whatever came with
KnoppMyth r5a16) and things work just fine.

Well, maybe "just fine" is too generous as the myth box is still in its
shakedown period but at least I can tune/record on all 3 tuners without any
problems :)

I'm using the DVB driver (again from KnoppMyth, but I believe they just got it
from pcHDTV.com) for the 3000 (works like a charm) and rev 3.6o of the ivtv
drivers for the 500.

You definitely can't use one driver for both... I doubt a unified driver
exists.  Usually capture problems in the hauppage cards (especially the 150s
and 500s) can be fixed with a different ivtv driver or card firmware rev (the
newest isn't always the best/most stable).  I went through several ivtv
versions and firmware revisions before settling on the one I have now and the
experience was odd enough that I'll be staying with the working one forever now
:)

Try searching through the mythtv-users and ivtv mailing list archives... you'll
find lots of others with similar problems (many already solved).

--Jack