[mythtv-users] Segmentation fault playing recorded video

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Fri Jul 22 06:28:39 EDT 2005

Marc Tousignant wrote:

>Um.. XFS is one of the recommended file systems and I use it. I have had no
>trouble with it so I doubt that is the cause of your problem.
>Curious thou what drive did you get? Make model etc?

Western Digital WD2500  Sata    - it was on special and had 36 month
warranty.  I now have an 80 GB with my system on it, and the 250 for data.

Reading the archives, there are some very mixed opinions on XFS. Some
have had zero problems, but others have experienced lockups like I did,
also one guy was relating problems with servers that were fixed going
back to Ext3.  A real mixed bag.  As I said, it is the one thing I have
changed (other than the new drive itself). It was easy to eliminate, so
I did.