[mythtv-users] Ready for use?

James Fryman jfryman.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 17:43:45 EDT 2005

I'll second the WAF mentioned here.

I don't often post to this list, but have been reading it quite often
since I began my MythSetup almost a year ago. Being familiar with Linux
helped me with the initial setup, but the Myth documents are fantastic,
and there are plenty of startup guides available for you help setup with
common components (read: Jarod's Guide http://wilsonet.com). I hardly
watch TV since there is a lot of useless crap on there nowadays, and was
  about to cancel the cable tv, but since buying my mythtv system, it's
made the cable cost worth it by being able to grab shows that I couldn't
  normally catch. WAF is high with this because she can now watch shows
that she normally misses at work.

There are plenty of people going bleeding edge with Myth, but the real
trick for WAF and production use is to go with a slightly older distro
and set instructions. Don't fiddle once it's working, and you'll have a
rock-solid box. Good luck!

-James

James D. Fryman
A+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE