[mythtv-users] Ready for use?

Matt Goebel matt at goebelnet.com
Thu Jul 21 17:20:36 EDT 2005

LMAO.....

Everyone on this list is using Myth on a regular basis.... It's been "released" for a few years now.  It's arguably the best PVR out there right now
, definitely the most feature rich.  Set it up right and you've got yourself a high end professional system that does pretty much whatever you want
it to.

The reason why this mail list is so active is because... that's why it exists...  to help people with problems.  Myth has a pretty easy setup
program so most of the work is done for you.  The work is in tailoring it to your specific needs and preferences.  It's Linux based, so if you don't
know Linux very well it's going to be a lot more difficult for you.

Setting up Myth will take time.  If you aren't comfortable figuring out and fixing problems along the way Myth isn't for you.  There's turn-key
solutions out there for you.  If you are willing to plan/research everything out and put the effort in you'll end up with the best PVR out there
with Myth.