[mythtv-users] Re: Problem after adding atrpms repo

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Jul 21 05:01:58 EDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 06:59:23PM -0700, Nicholas Gibson wrote:
> After putting the atrpms.repo [at-stable] in place and running yum
> update my system is essentially destroyed.  I'm unable to compile
> ANYTHING and it looks like it's a problem with duplicate RPMS or
> something of that sort.
>
> I have verified with multiple re-installs that it is DEFINITELY the
> yum update after putting the atrpms.repo in place that mangles my
> machine.
>
> What is going on with the atrpms repository?  Axel, please this is
> killing me......
>
> These are the errors I get when attempting to compile
> anything.
>
> /root/scratch/ivtv-0.3.7/driver/msp3400.c:257: error:
> `HZ' undeclared (first use
>  in this function)

Please don't post on multiple lists.

The long answer is on atrpms-users, the short one is that your system
is far from being essentially destroyed, not compiling anything
anymore, mangled etc. You are just missing the kernel headers.

> make[1]: *** [_module_/root/scratch/ivtv-0.3.7/driver]
> Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.6.12/linux-2.6.12'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

And this one here looks quite buggy, too.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net