[mythtv-users] Aopen XCcube as frontend

Chris Picton chrisp at tangent.co.za
Thu Jul 21 02:57:36 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 08:52 +1000, David Maher wrote:
> Has anyone out there set up an Aopen XCcube as a myth front end? I am in
> the process of doing this with FC4 and would appreciate any tips for the
> remote etc.

I am using the nforce2 based xc cube for a combined back/frontend, and
it is working very well for me.

I have a winfast2000XP RM for the tv card and a sempron 2400+ cpu.  The
fan is barely audible (the hdd makes more noise).

The tv card has a remote built in, and I am using that.  I had to make
some changes to the kernel to get all the remote keys working, though.
Apart from that, I have had no major issues.

Chris
--
        Chris Picton | PGP Key ID: 9D28A988 (wwwkeys.pgp.net)