[mythtv-users] TV won't sync in Mythtv menus

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Jul 21 02:35:45 EDT 2005

> On 7/15/05, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>> Greetings
>>
>> An odd one here on an Epia SP13000 m/b. Watching TV, playing back a
>> recording, watching video (mplayer) or DVD (Xine) are all fine when I
>> use
>> the Unichrome driver in 720x576NoScale mode but the Mythtv menus are
>> screwed up - interlace problem I think.
>>

> define "screwed up"
> and "interlace problem I think"

screwed up = Mythtv menus unreadable due to scan lines be overlaid, one on
top of another or maybe in the wrong order. I also get vertical banding
but I can't suss out an algorithm that would describe it. I'll have a go
at taking a couple of pix tonight and put onto my web site.

interlace problem I think = not having seen an interlace problem since the
days of 405 line TV (yup, I'm that old!!) I'm guessing. I see no change to
the timing of the horizontal sync as I change displayed items but my
'scope doesn't have the resolution to see small changes in frame sync.
I'll see if I can borrow a digital 'scope from work and check the signals
again.

Its very odd that watching direct TV, replaying a program both in Mythtv
or a video in mplayer or DVD in xine are all perfectly OK. Its just the
Mythtv menus that are "screwed up"!!

--
Robin Gilks