[mythtv-users] Non recorded following episodes

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 10:40:43 EDT 2005

On 7/19/05, Stephane Bonnell <liste.steph at e-bonnell.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I am using MythTV for sometime now and I have a problem with my schedules.
>
>    I want to record TV series. To do so I programmed a "Record at anytime on
> channel". Since french TV are not always on time, I put options to start 5
> minutes early and stop 15 minutes late.
>
>    My problem is that french TV channel displays several episodes following each
> other (for ex. episode 1 at 9pm, episode 2 at 10pm, episode 3 at 11pm). With the
> current behavior of MythTV episode 2 won't be recorded since there is a
> collision with episode 1 (and episode 3).
>
>    Is there a way to manage this, except by overriding the options for episode 2
> to start 5 minutes late and stop 15 minutes early?
>
>    I tried to create 3 programs with "Record this program in this timeslot every
> week", but it's not working since depending on what is before, start time of the
> first episode could be more than half an hour early or late in the TV guide so
> it is not recognized by MythTV.
>
>    One suggestion could be to change MythTV (or maybe add a program option) so
> that it starts recording when the tuner is available even if the program
> already started. In my case it won't be a problem since I can see the begining
> of episide 2 at the end of the recording of episode 1.

If you make this  a global setting (rather than just for this
schedule), then I think you will get what you want. Dutch channels are
equally unpunctual, so I have a global 5 minutes at either end of a
program, and so if I have 2 or more consecutive programs I will get
the end of one on the beginning of the next.

I agree, though, it would be useful to have a 'record the bits that
don't conflict' option, for those times when different channels
overlap by a short time.

Regards,

Chris