[mythtv-users] venetian blind picture

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sat Jul 16 23:47:45 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 11:16 -0600, Chad wrote:
>   You could try passing parameters to your playback
> software to deinterlace

Can anyone explain exactly now I would do this? I have tried checking
"deinterlace during playback" but it has no effect. Old recordings still
look fine, new ones look like venetian blinds.

> , OR you can deinterlace during recording

Same question: how exactly do I do this? I can't find any parameters
that relate to this except the "enable" ones under the MPEG-4 codec and
I've tried every possible combination of those on and off with no
effect.

I'm so frustrated right now that I want to chuck the machine in the
river. I just don't know how to fix this. I've run through mythtv-setup,
wiping out everything and starting over. No effect, venetian blinds iS
all I can record.

Any chance a complete reinstall might help? Can I do that without losing
the recordings I already have that look good? I'm desperate and
apparently clueless.

--Greg