[mythtv-users] What's a good mini front-end-only box?

Adam Bodnar ambodnar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 17:40:12 EDT 2005

I'm actually going to use a Mac Mini for my frontend.

I really like the size of it and how it looks compared to pretty much
all the other Mini-ITX systems out there and it's very quiet.

I haven't set it up yet with Myth, but should be pretty easy to do.
The only reason I haven't done it yet is I'm still trying to decide on
a good remote to use.

The only ones I've found that at least at an initial glance could work
are these:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000513KE/103-3434214-2767064?v=glance
- This just doesn't have enough buttons.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/productlistharmony/US/EN,CRID=2080
- I really like the 880, but not sure it could control the Mac Mini.
http://www.ati.com/products/remotewonder/index.html - This would work,
but is RF only and thus can't control the tv or any other device.
http://www.irtrans.de/english/produkte.htm - This is just a IR
transmitter/receiver, but not sure how it would totally work yet.

I'd really like something like the Harmony 880 or a Pronto.