[mythtv-users] FFWD and REW don't work correctly until recording is transcoded.

A mgordo99 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 16:58:39 EDT 2005

When I'm watching a recording and I fast-forward, 3x
speed works fine.  However, if I increase to 5x speed
or anything faster, the recording will fast-forward
for a few seconds and then stop.  The same is true if
I try to rewind at any speed.

The weird thing about this is that if I manually
transcode the recording (I have Myth setup to *not*
auto-transcode after recording), then fast-forward and
rewind work fine.

I'm running Myth 0.18.1 on Fedora Core 3.  The box is
a combination backend/frontend and I've got two
PVR-150s installed.

Has anyone else run into this?  Anybody have any suggestions?

Do You Yahoo!?