[mythtv-users] Re: Plextor TV402U FPS NTSC

Eric Gilbert eric.gilbert at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 13:26:02 EDT 2005

Replying to my own post with additional info ..

On 7/12/05, Eric Gilbert <eric.gilbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm using the PX-TV402U with .18 (KnoppMyth) and can use it just fine
> for Live TV, but all of the scheduled recordings the audio is out of
> sync.  The size is set to 640x480 and the bitrate is set to 4000 in
> the recording profiles (since this appears to be the maximum rate the
> hardware supports for non mpeg) and all of the check boxes marked as
> well as the audio set to 48khz and quality set to 9 to try and get the
> best quality.
>
> When I run the recording through MPlayer it shows that the FPS is 25
> (PAL) while last I checked NTSC was 29.97. And not suprisingly the
> audio steadily drifts out of sync while watching.
>
> Is this a known issue resoled in .18.1
>
> I searched the archives (using plextor and tv402) and couldn't find
> much, other than support was added in march.
>
> Do I need to tweak some settings or do I need to tweak some code?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

Also when I use gorecord with the following:
gorecord -input 2 -tvchan ntsc-bcast:20 -duration 60 -format mpeg4
-bitrate 4000 capture20.mp4

MPlayer reports:
VIDEO:  [DX50]  640x480  24bpp  29.970 fps  3693.0 kbps (450.8 kbyte/s)

So I am pretty certain that I have a NTSC unit.

But when Myth does a recording MPlayer reports:
Detected MythTV stream, reading extended format information
VIDEO:  [XVID] 640x480 25.00 fps

I can't find any location to set the FPS and I'm manually made sure
that my channels are set to NTSC.

Any thoughts?
Eric