[mythtv-users] BackEnd FrontEnd, how does it work??

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Jul 13 03:01:09 EDT 2005

zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com wrote:
> OK now I'm confused.  My experience meshed with
> monkeyboy, I mean pet, in terms of accessing
> recordings.  When I installed the frontend on a
> laptop, it played live TV just fine through the
> backend connection, but when I tried to play a
> recording, it complained about not finding /mnt/store.
>  So I added a /mnt/store and nfs mounted it to the
> myth backend's /mnt/store, and everything was honkey
> dory.
>
> Is there some setting I missed?

No, there is an excess setting you added. If the laptop doesn't
have a capture card, you should not have run mythtv-setup and
set a prefix path for that host. IOW The frontend should have only
complained as you describe if it found a RecordFilePrefix of
"/mnt/store" for the laptop hostname in the settings table.

--  bjm