[mythtv-users] Getting database info to a new backend

Bob Weber rjweber at ieee.org
Tue Jul 12 18:50:46 EDT 2005

Hello. I'm building a new backend, and am trying to move my database to the
new system so I don't end up rerecording my old shows. So I'm trying to
follow the docs at mythtv, and doing:

$ mysqldump -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -c > mythtv_backup.sql
$ grep "INSERT INTO record "         mythtv_backup.sql > restore.sql
$ grep "INSERT INTO recorded "       mythtv_backup.sql >> restore.sql
$ grep "INSERT INTO oldrecorded "    mythtv_backup.sql >> restore.sql
$ grep "INSERT INTO recordedmarkup " mythtv_backup.sql >> restore.sql

The problem is, while I get a rather large mythtv_backup.sql file, the greps
don't find anything. Has the layout of the database changed, or what am I
missing? Tnx.

- Bob