[mythtv-users] Find Once Per Week Records Multiple Times

Derek Battams derek at battams.ca
Wed Jul 13 00:49:40 EDT 2005

Quoting Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com>:

> Derek Battams wrote:
>> Using 0.18 (KnoppMyth).  I've added a schedule to find and record a
>> program once
>> a week.  The first airing was on Monday, but due to conflicts, that
>> airing was
>> skipped and instead was recorded early this morning, as expected.
>> However, the
>> scheduler has now decided to record the program again on Wednesday.
>> I wouldn't
>> expect it to record again at least until next Monday.  Why would the
>> scheduler
>> choose to record the program twice in the same week?  The original recording
>> from Tuesday hasn't been deleted and the program description, etc.
>> is the same
>> for all showings.
>
> The interval begins from the time of the showing that was selected
> when the rule was created. If you created the rule on a Wed. showing,
> for example, a Monday or Tuesday recording would be the end of the
> week and Wednesday would start a new interval. Go to the options
> page for a showing you will see the find time in the subtitle:
>
> Best Week Ever
> (Fri, 11:00pm or later)
>    Airdate: Fri Jul 15 ...

On the details screen it shows "Mon, 00:00 or later", which seems correct.  I
selected the Monday 9pm showing when creating this schedule, but a conflict
arose with the 9pm showing so it instead chose to record the Tue, 12am showing
instead, as expected.  But now it's also scheduling the Wed, 3:30am airing as
well even though it already recorded Tue, 12am.  The only way I can
prevent the
Wed morning recording is to add a duplicate check method to the schedule
options, which I can do for now, but is not really desired.

> Also, the program details page has a "Find ID:" field which shows
> the date which the showing is grouped with. If these are incorrect,
> set your current rule to "Do not record", lookup the showing that
> is the first timeslot of new episode for the week and create a new
> rule.

The find id is 732501 (7/9/2005).  Not sure if this is correct?

> If you added your weekly rule after you were already recording this
> show, make sure the Wednesday show isn't a match for an old rule.
>
> If your find weekly rule is a search type that matches more than
> one title ("Steve Martin (People Search)" for example) then that
> may not have been supported yet in 0.18. This does work correctly
> in current svn.

Neither of these two apply - both airings (the Tue showing that was
recorded and
the Wednesday airing that is still scheduled to record) have the same find id
and both have the time for the schedule as "Mon, 00:00 or later".  The
only way
I can prevent the Wednesday showing from being recorded is to add a duplicate
check, which then flags the airing as a duplicate and then skips it.

Help appreciated,

Derek