[mythtv-users] X and 350

Claude Gélinas agr. claude at phyto.qc.ca
Sun Jul 10 19:12:49 EDT 2005

Le dimanche 10 juillet 2005 à 14:56 -0700, Marc Maniscalco a écrit :
> Long time read, first time writer.
> I have decided to take the plung since I can no longer
> get DirecTv at my new house.  Mother Nature strikes
> again.
> I am of course following Jarod's instruction.
> Everything so far works except I can't get X working
> through the 350.  It does capture and pla on the 350's
> output.  I have a geforce MX in the AGP slot running
> to a monitor and then the 350 TV out is pluged in to a
> TV.
you have to edit your xorg.conf to get X via the pvr350 to the tv

Here is my config to do that:

# XFree86 4 configuration created by pyxf86config

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"

Section "Files"

# RgbPath is the location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name
of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
        RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
        FontPath     "unix/:7100"

Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "dri"

Section "InputDevice"

# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
#       Option  "Xleds"         "1 2 3"
# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
#       Option  "XkbDisable"
# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#       Option  "XkbModel"      "pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#       Option  "XkbModel"      "microsoft"
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#       Option  "XkbLayout"     "de"
# or:
#       Option  "XkbLayout"     "de"
#       Option  "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
#       Option  "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:swapcaps"
# Or if you just want both to be control, use:
#       Option  "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:nocaps"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "ca_enhanced"

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "NTSC Monitor"
        HorizSync    30.0 - 68.0
        VertRefresh  50.0 - 120.0
        ModeLine     "720x480" 34.6 720 752 840 928 480 484 488 504 -
hsync -vsyn

Section "Device"

        ### change fb1 to whatever your card grabbed
        ### converted from hex to decimal
        Identifier  "Hauppauge PVR 350 iTVC15 Framebuffer"
        Driver      "ivtvdev"
        Option      "fbdev" "/dev/fb1"
        Option      "ivtv" "/dev/fb1"
        ### change the BusID to whatever is reported by lspci,
        BusID       "PCI:5:6:0"

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Hauppauge PVR 350 iTVC15 Framebuffer"
        Monitor    "NTSC Monitor"
        DefaultDepth     24
        DefaultFbBPP     32
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     24
                FbBPP     32
                Modes    "720x480"

Section "DRI"
        Group        0
        Mode         0666

you will have to run lspci to find your BusID for your card

Claude Gélinas agr., dta
Phyto Ressources inc.
Varennes, Québec, Canada           Tél.: (450) 652 9764,   Fax.:(450) 652 6182
     Des questions sur les insectes et maladies des plantes ornementales ?
                 Want to know more about ornamental plant pest ?