[mythtv-users] Re:System Recommendations

Alexander Petkov ap154036 at cue1.umt.edu
Sun Jul 10 12:08:44 EDT 2005

============
My chosen O/S is SuSE at present, but this may change if another distro
proves more useful.

I'd change it to something less bloated. I still run Myth on Suse, and always have since Mythtv 0.7.

But I notice a 5% performance increase with some other slim distros (Vectorlinux or Arch come to mind), and I am looking to switch. Nothing against Suse, but it would be nice to get my system to perfmorm to its max potential.

And, I'd go with the NEC system for Myth, especially if you are going to use software encoding.