[mythtv-users] frontend crashes exiting live tv

Zach uid000 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 12:09:33 EDT 2005

I have a problem that when I exit live tv mode the frontend crashes to
the desktop leaving no output other than indicating there was a
segfault.  This doesn't happen every time, but maybe once out of 5 or
4 times.  After it crashes I am able to simply start it again without
any other action required.  It seems more likely to happen when
watching live tv for a while and the buffer  has a lot in it--not 20
or 30 minutes, but maybe an hour or two, but that could just be my
imagination, or coincidence.

Does anyone know what may be causing this or how to troubleshoot it?

I haven't seen any specific discussion of this on the mailing list or
any discussion forums.

I'm using .18.1 with KnoppMyth R5A16.

My myth machine is a combined frontend/backend with chaintech 7NIF2,
and Hauppauge PVR 250.

Thanks