[mythtv-users] theme question - spacing between menu items

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Thu Jul 7 08:38:22 EDT 2005

Donavan Stanley wrote:

>On 7/5/05, Craig Tinson <craig at 8010.co.uk> wrote:
>>how do I go about changing the spacing between menu items? I have them
>>placed where I want them to match my background.. I've tried various
>>combos but nothing yet..
>The background section of the theme.xml can use several tag to control
>the layout of your buttons.
>buttonarea -  Controls the physical area for the buttons. (Required)
>buttonspread - Controls whether myth spreads out the buttons to use
>all of the available space.  (Optional, defaults to yes)
>buttoncenter - Controls whether or not buttons are centered.
>(Optional, defaults to yes)
>columns - Controls the maximum number of columns. (Optional)
>image - The background image to use (overrides the one in the qtlook file)
>visiblerowlimit - Controls the number of rows that can be on screen at once.
>So...  In order to position a series of buttons over a background
>image so that they appear to be part of it you would need something
><background style="normal">
>    <image>button_background.jpg</image>
>    <buttonspread>no</buttonspread>
>    <buttoncenter>no</buttoncenter>
>    <buttonarea>27,117,1200,600</buttonarea>
>    <visiblerowlimit>6</visiblerowlimit>
>    <columns>1</columns>
>  </background>

Thanks for the answer :)

Unfortunately it still doesn't explain the spacing..

For example I have at the minute:

  <background style="normal">

so it's displaying 6 menu items down the left of the screen starting at
about a 1/3 the way down.. but the 6 items are nearly falling off the
bottom of the screen.

I can't move them up because it won't look right with the background..

so I was wondering how I can change the spacing *between* the menu items
- make it smaller so the menu items are closer together.. changing the
font size makes no difference.. if I do that then the *perceived* space
between the menu items are larger - although it's technically the same.

am currently looking at:

am thinking that might have something to do with it but it doesn't seem
to work as expected

any ideas?