[mythtv-users] theme question - spacing between menu items

Donavan Stanley geckofiend at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 08:24:15 EDT 2005

On 7/5/05, Craig Tinson <craig at 8010.co.uk> wrote:
> how do I go about changing the spacing between menu items? I have them
> placed where I want them to match my background.. I've tried various
> combos but nothing yet..

The background section of the theme.xml can use several tag to control
the layout of your buttons.

buttonarea -  Controls the physical area for the buttons. (Required)
buttonspread - Controls whether myth spreads out the buttons to use
all of the available space.  (Optional, defaults to yes)
buttoncenter - Controls whether or not buttons are centered.
(Optional, defaults to yes)
columns - Controls the maximum number of columns. (Optional)
image - The background image to use (overrides the one in the qtlook file)
visiblerowlimit - Controls the number of rows that can be on screen at once.

So...  In order to position a series of buttons over a background
image so that they appear to be part of it you would need something
like:

<background style="normal">
    <image>button_background.jpg</image>
    <buttonspread>no</buttonspread>
    <buttoncenter>no</buttoncenter>
    <buttonarea>27,117,1200,600</buttonarea>
    <visiblerowlimit>6</visiblerowlimit>
    <columns>1</columns>
  </background>